
Well, I'm going into my 5th week as an Intern here. It's hard to believe 4 weeks have gone by, and yet it feels like it's been 4 months already.
To be quite honest, I miss NDSU...and North Dakota...and the Midwest...you get my drift! Haha! I'm on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina at the Hilton Head Island Health Institute (H3I). I love it here, the island is absolutely beautiful and the beach is less than a mile away. I live in a pretty sweet condo by myself because I am the only intern here right now and I eat AMAZINGLY delicious nutrient dense food- so all in all, I really can't complain too much. I just get really homesick about once a week. But that's starting to lessen so that's good!!
H3I was just named among top 10 best spas in the world for "Best for Weight Loss" in Spa Finders Annual 2007 Readers' Choice Awards. I really am loving it here. The Institute is a pretty amazing. People come here for a complete lifestyle change and it is so cool to be a part of it. They are so ready and willing to try new things and truly want to learn everything I have to share with them, so it is a very rewarding place to be!
I do the sunrise beach walk (where I drive a HUGE van, and those of you who know me and my driving skills...this can be quite the site!! :) ) and do a few group exercise classes every day (mostly circuits, kickboxing, and "treading" - which is like spinning only on treadmills.) Otherwise, I'm doing random office work, and, of course, cleaning the gym (I'm looking forward to the day when I finally am not responsible for the cleanliness aspect of things!) I will do a 2 week rotation with every aspect of the business, including marketing and guest services, so it will be nice to get a grasp of the whole process. There are of course already things I see here that I really don't like, but most of them are just politics of the company, and I think you're going to have that any where you go where this kind of money is involved. Most of the guests here are very wealthy. Unspoken wealth I guess. A lot of CEO's, big business people, doctors, lawyers, and house wifes. It really is a fun mix. I guess a couple weeks before I got here, Clarence Thomas was here with his wife. I'm hoping someone as cool as that is here while I'm here. I get to be here for what they call "Next Level Fitness" where they bring in a "professional" to do all their workouts. We basically get to work out all week at classes like "Beach Bootcamp" and stuff like that. I get to help plan the process and put it on so that should be fun!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Take Care,
Lindsey
No comments:
Post a Comment